Missy GRACE

Tuesday, July 8, 2008



Grace Lin Yan Jun skipped school today :) i overslept, again.
anyway my eyes are oh-so-puffy now. had a big cry last night on my bed. was so moody i didnt ( i forgot) to bring lesley down for a walk. and he kept barking from the time i step into my room to sleepat 10 to 11 plus. i cant even sleep a wink. darn it. called mummy. she ended wal;k at eleven and ask her to bring the dog down when she returns. she was of course not too happy lah. i learnt my lesson.

As for finals, Jason will be my guitarist. woohoo!
let me share my experience yesterday. My number one fan, Lovey came to support me. and she brought a friend along :) oh she is so sweet. the judges were our lecturers. they were so nice please. Mr kelvin was so nice to ask me if i needed a chair over the phone cause im playing the guitar while singing and indeed a chair was provided. i reckon i was the only one who used the chair. HEHEHE.
so i was actually the last contestant. didnt manage to see the others except one of the team before me. consisting of three males, two guitarist, one lead singer. He has got a really great voice! (thumbs up) just that the song was too constant, and there was no climax. But its still good cause afterall, it was thier masterpiece, own composed song :)

afterwhich it was my turn. so mr lim placed a chair for me and arranged the chair and microphone. they were kind enough to give us a try out to calm our nerves first. one of the lady judge was asking ' so grace, you aare a freshie ah? ' i proudly said YES and gave a confident smile. HAHA. i really am proud of myself okay. Maybe this was to make up for the lost of opportunity when i was in secondary one and the school held a northland idol contest. But this time round its still different cause its my own composed song, showing the world my masterpiece.

of course, not forgetting that its not about me. Without the help of AP, the song would not have turned out the way it would, i will not have the creativity to let the song stand out amidst the rest :) i myself was impressed okay. HAHA. impressed with how God can put the whole song together.

so back to the topic, so i went on stage and did a try out. and i sang the whole song. i was shivering. Thank God for the advice eunice gave me to sit on a chair. if not i would have been more nervous. AND NOT FORGETTING, my secret of not wearing contact lens each time im on stage. HAHA. since secondary school dance performance, i would nvr wear my lenses thus i cant see far and in fact i cant see faces. HAHA. reduces my fear and increases my confidence. cause i wont be busy wondering who is looking at me and what are they thinking. oh, i sang the song to fazleena at the stairs near the CSA room after everyone left. she was shock. HAHA. she said she had never seen this side of me before and she said the song was very nice! WOOHOO! she said i should go and expose myself to the media. so funny.

anyway, sorry for the change of topic. ER. my voice shivered on stage, i was trying to concentrate by staring at the mic and not think about anything else. after the try out, the lady judge, who apparently was lovey's comm skills teacher told me that i have to pronounce my words clearer. so now it was the real thing. AND GUESS WHAT. THEY ACTUALLY RECORDED IT. more pressure upon me lah!

so i sang. this time round, i remembered eunice's advice to look at the audience and SMILE and not look at my guitar cause its very not professional! and that i did. i threw a short prayer and i started. alittle fearful once in awhile. But i look at the audience, the judges, my friends and SMILED! there was a point when my smile kinda shivered too. HA. whats worst is... i didnt take care of my voice. i was falling ill. and was having a slight sore throat. My song didnt went really well. only Lovey's friend and I knew it. HAHA. but it would only get better the next time round :)

everyone was like paying attention lah. so cool. HAH. its so different from dancing cuse everyone dress the same and put on thick make up its hard to see who is who. but this time round, many pair of eyes are on you. THANK GOD i didnt wear contact lens. when i ended the lady judge told me ' i will see you on the 28th july ' i was like jumping with joy please. HAHA. but he said i must practice on my words pronounciation.

AND SO FINALS IS ON THE 28th JULY, MONDAY

:) think its about 5pm. asked jason to be my guitarist. in that way, i can concentrate better and do a better job. afterall im more use to just singing without the guitar. HAHA. I think the winner is judged through the number of votes. dangs. i hardly know anyone in TP please. But nottie and rebec said they will ask their TP friends support me. SO FUNNY PLEASE! but of course, my greatest wish is that my friends will come and support me in the finals :) and of course, if its the voting system, people will vote for me!

all in all, the whole experience was just wonderful. actually its not as scary as it seems to be. like we always watch on tv about the superstar and all. its not that hard afterall. Im still me kinda thing. and im so glad i didnt wait till im in year three or what to join this contest. woohoo! as i recall how i was actually struggling to koin this contest to the prayers and visions to the cancelling of the auditions to the final stage when im REALLY on stage presenting my song, its just.. a walk to remember. teehee. okay. now its finals. Im aiming to be the top :) if not, top three. OKAY jason? CHEERS!


celebrated Bernice's bdae ytd. we MADE HER CRY! so sweet. we are all just so happy to see her cry ( sounds sadistic) but we are all glad and seeing her loved makes everything worthwhile. orrhhh so sweet. how i wish the night was longer so perhaps a longer night will allow us to love her for a longer time :) i bet God has done something in her heart.