Missy GRACE

Thursday, October 25, 2007

hello peeps! =] its the O level season and i guess many of us are , at a certain period of time stress . Let me share this with you .

Psalms 23
the lord is my shepherd i shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures
he leads me beside still waters
he restores my soul
he leads me in the path of righteousness
For his names' sake

Are you unconsciously carrying some bags that you are not aware of?
like the suitcase of guilt, a sack of discontentment, a duffel bag of weariness on one shoulder and a hanging bag of fear on the other.
Do you have some luggage on your own? Do you think God might use David's psalm to lighten your load?
Travelling light means trusting God with the burdens you were never intented to bear.
Have you ever considered the impact that excess baggage has on relationships?
How do you embrace someone with your arms full of bags?

For the sake of those you love, learn to set them down.

Let me share with you my story.
I have been carrying these bags ever since I was hurt as a young child when my parents seperated.
bags of lonliness, bags of fear & suspicion - fear that friends will hurt me and betray me and that they have a motive for being my friends - bags of fear of not trusting, burden of studies,burdens of the future,burdens of my family.
All these bags have resulted me to never experience closeness with my friends, even those i term as good friends.
I feared. and this indirectly also affected my relationship with God.
The relationship you have with your friends are the reflection of your relationship with God.
But as of today, i threw my burden to him.
My burden of not been able to get to the course i want, the fear of being betrayed.
I have lost too much too much because of these bags i carried all my life.
Its time to start life afresh.
when we try too hard to protect ourselves, we lose what God intented us to enjoy. i tried to protect myself by building a wall ard me so that no one can hurt me.I played God- i became my own God. as a result, i don't know how it feels to have a true friend.
i dunno the sweetness of intimacy.

God has a great race for us. under his care we will go where we've nvr been and serve in ways we have nvr dreamed. we have to drop some stuff. how can we share grace when we are full of guilt? how can we offer comfort when we disheartened?how can we life someone's load when we full with our own?
there are certain weights in life we simply cannot carry. God is asking you to set them down and trust him.
1 peter 5v7
unload all your worries to him, since he is taking after you.