Missy GRACE

Saturday, August 9, 2008


Aloha (: this is my lao pa, aku's papa, Mr lim.




This is his daughter, Miss Lin aka WINNIE THE GRACE. heh.



Met daddy for lunch today and like always, the time spend was just splendid. It always brings a healing to me that my dad sits with me and teach me about life and share with me his thoughts.


As we were waiting for the food, dad was telling me that his friends all commented that when we walk together, it wont dawn on them that im his daughter and he is my dad. so i cheekily told my dad, ' dont look like my dad then look like my boyfriend ah?' HAHA. and he said, RUBBISH. so funny.

Do you know that your character is a combination of your dad and mum? knowing that, i went to ask my dad to describe himself to me. and i take after him on these points.

Like my dad, im a deep thinker and after seeing certain things happen, both of us will start to think about that situation and wonder why it happen and we will think of ways to solve it. in this way, if that event happens to us, we would already have a solution to it. like my dad, family comes before accomplishment. like my dad, money arent everything. we have a belief system that money can be earned thus we dont hold on to it tightly.

BUT like him, im a spendthrift who dont think twice before spending. Its to my advantage cause whenever im out with him and i see something i like, i almost never get rejected. HA. he nvr hesitate to purchase something for me regardless the price. but its to my disadvantage also cause i dont save, like my dad. Daddy has many good friends around him. And he has a very soft heart. ( im not sure if i take after him on that point man ) but he is someone who loves to learn new things. i do take after him in that point but its to my disadvantage cause i almost never focus in whatever i do. and which brings me to the next point.

I have always been a musically inclined person. i love to expose myself to new instruments. for example, the piano, the drums and guitar. I learn how to play the guitar when i was primary three and have been letting that skill rot. because i dont focus, my musical skills are heading nowhere, and perhaps my skills are undergoing degression. BOOHOO. so focusing is very important. im still trying to make a decision.

anyway, back to the topic, you know ever since young, usually kids would envision to be like their parents. ( thats if they have a healthy relationship with their parents)
today was the first time it dawn upon me or should i say, i look upon my daddy as my hero. honestly i duno why. maybe i would after i crystallise my thoughts.

In the seventeen years of my life, i would say that Dad and I has a love-hate relationship. honesty, in this crooked and depraved generation, there are only a few exception that truly loves and adores their parents or what not. there will definitely be a season when you all just don't see eye to eye. but this love-hate relationship with aku's father is not merely a 'see-no-eye-to-eye' thing. i used to not respect daddy and blame him for the breaking up of my family. i never truly loved him and enjoyed a healthy relationship with him. i nvr knew my dad loves me so much. never knew that i mattered so much to him. i almost lose the blessing of just enjoing eating with daddy.

After entering disciple class, aka church, i learn to forgive daddy and love him. and i realised that alot of times, things that i perceived arent usually the truth. i learn to talk and ever since i learn to be more vocal, i learn to ask my dad if he loves me. cause as a matter of fact, kids from my background often perceive that their parents break up cause they are not good children. though i nvr truly understood that cause in my mind i knew daddy loves me. only until i asked him if he loved me and i hear his reply then it brought me healing that hey, my daddy truly still loves methen the love sank into my heart, no longer was it a ' i think daddy loves me'. Its' HEY, MY DAD LOVES ME OKAY!'

actually all children wil have a part of them that needs their father to build up, especially girls. if when they are young they do not have affirmation from their father, they would grow up only to have many different boyfriends wanting their love and affirmation to make up for the love and affirmation that their father should have rightly lavish unselfishly upon them. Fathers play a huge role in our lives.

Different people have different love languages. As our parents, the 'older generation' are less vocal, my dad hardly tells me that he loves me and affirm me that im pretty ( ha ) so i would force it out of him and ask him when the thoughts enters my mind. i would say, ' daddy, do you love me?', ' daddy am i pretty? ' , 'daddy am i smart'? i would get him to hug me before we part, get him to say he loves me and hold his hands. honestly if i havent been to disciple class, i wouldnt enjoy my dad as i do now. Dad is not like a father, someone older to me. he is like my friend whom i can just share my thoughts with. every single thought and have him share his with me and i would hear his views and we would spur each other on.

sometimes i think about marriage and i talk to my dad about it. he encouraged me alot. a few months ago, i was worried that he wont walk me down the aisle. sounds stupid i know. but yeah, it was my worry. today, after coming back from a wedding ytd, these thoughts came again and i asked dad if he will walk me down the aisle. he said 'i thought about it. of course im gona walk you down the aisle'. He said that he will talk to my BF the rules and all. example ' CANNOT BULLY MY DARLING DAUGHTER'. HAHA. woohoo! i got my daddy to back me up okay. hehe.

I was fearful that i wont do well in my studies cause exams are round the corner so i ask my dad if i was smart and he said of course. HEHE. that kinda lightens my load. HMM. actually i should have asked him would he still love me if i dont do well. BOO. im gona ask him the next time we communicate.

oh. and daddy and i bought a new specs (: after i came out from the room after checking the degree of my eyesight, daddy was nowhere to be found. and i asked the lady in charge 'where's my daddy' and it felt really good to be able to ask that question. if felt like it was the first time i asked that question in my seventeen years (:

am a happy darling.



Lastly, Grandson this is for you! (: delevoping good habits. writing down ur bad points alone wont help. wanting to change wont help either. KNOWING how to change is the key and this video has benefitted me. hope it benefits you as well! way to go to us becoming a better person!

OUR HABITS TODAY DETERMINE OUR FUTURE!